SPANISH STYLE CHICKEN PAELLA
1 lb. Italian sausage, peeled & chunked
1 fryer chicken, cut up & skinned
Salt, pepper, paprika & flour
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. long grain rice
1/4 tsp. turmeric
3 lg. carrots, peeled & sliced
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas
1 med. onion, chopped
1 sm. green pepper, chunked
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
3 1/2 c. hot water
1 tomato, sliced
Brown sausage in roaster or very large skillet and remove. Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and coat with flour. Brown chicken in sausage drippings. Remove chicken and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat. Cook onion, garlic and pepper until tender in drippings. Stir in uncooked rice, bouillon granules, turmeric and water; boil. Stir in sausage and carrots and arrange chicken on top.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Rinse peas and sprinkle on top. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes until rice is tender. Top with tomato slices and heat through. Serves 5-6.
Pilgrim Pumpkin Pie
Pastry (frozen) Defreeze before use.
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cup milk (evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teasponns ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Prepare pastry for 1 crust pie, line 9 inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400ºF. In large bowl, beat pumpkin with all ingredients except cream.
3. Pour pumpkin mixture on pastry lined plate.
4. Bake pie 40 min. (or until knofe inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
5. Cool pie on wire rack about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Beat cream until stiff peaks form. use to garnish pie.
Ojala te sirvan cdt muakz no olvides puntear como la mejor C: