Change the following sentences into their negative form.
1. The people screamed.
The people didn't scream.
2. Lisa was very happy.
Lisa wasn't very happy.
3. You went to Paris last year.
You didn't go to Paris last year.
4. Sofia visited her grandmother yesterday.
Sofía didn't visit her grandmother yesterday.
5. I was in Hong Kong last month.
I wasn't in Hong King last month.
6. John went to the cinema last week.
John didn't go to the cinema last week.
Exercise Simple Past 3
Change the following sentences into their Simple Past tense form.
1. I go to school in the morning.
I went to school in the morning.
2. Diane is very tired.
Diane was very tired.
3. You are at home.
You were at home.
4. I have breakfast
I had breakfast.
5. Thomas and Nick play tennis all day.
Thomas and Nick played tennis all day.
6. The plane arrives at half past ten.
The plane arrived at half past ten.
7. I study English at home.
I studied English at home.
8. They stay all night in front of the computer.
They stayed all night in front of the computer.
9. It is ten past eleven.
It was ten past eleven.
En inglés para saber en qué timepo se encuentra una oración nos fijamos en el verbo.
* Hay dos tipos de verbos:
a) El Main Verb que son todos los verbos que no sean verbo to be.
b) El verb To be que son : am, is, are.
* Para hacer una oración negativa, debemos aumentar el auxiliar adecuado para cada tiempo.
* El auxiliar del tiempo pasado es: DID y su negativo: DIND'T.
* Pronombres con su respectivo verb to be:
AM (was): I
IS (was): he, she, it
ARE (were): you, we, they.
ESTRUCTURA DE UNA ORACIÓN EN PASADO:
A) Con un "Main Verb":
Affiramative: Subject + main verb in simple past + complement
Example: She played soccer yesterday.
Negative: Subject + auxiliary: DIND'T + main verb in simple PRESENT + complement
Example: She dind't play soccer yesterday.
Interrogative: Auxiliary: DID + subject + main verb in simple PRESENT+complement+?
Example: Did she play soccer yesterday?
* Como lo habrás notado, cuando el auxiliar DID se encuentra en una oración, el "main verb" va en su forma simple, es decir en tiempo presente y si es tercera persona el sujeto tampoco va el verbo con "s" o "es" al final.
B) Con el "Verb To Be"
Affirmative: Subject + verb to be in past (was, were) + complement.
Example: She was at home last night.
Negative: Subject + wasn't or weren't + complement.
Example: She wasn't at home last night.
Interrogative: Was or were + subject + complement + ?
Example: Was she at home yesterday?