1. You have seen that movie many times.
2. I have seen that movie twenty times.
3. I think I have met him once before.
4. There have been many earthquakes in California.
5. People have traveled to the Moon.
6. People have not traveled to Mars.
7. Have you read the book yet?
8. Nobody has ever climbed that mountain.
9. You have grown since the last time I saw you.
10. The government has become more interested in arts education.
11. Japanese has become one of the most popular courses at the university since the Asian studies program was established.
12. My English has really improved since I moved to Australia.
1. You had studied English before you moved to New York.
2. I had never seen such a beautiful beach before I went to Kauai.
3. I did not have any money because I had lost my wallet.
4. Tony knew Istanbul so well because he had visited the city several times.
5. She only understood the movie because she had read the book.
6. Kristine had never been to an opera before last night.
7. We were not able to get a hotel room because we had not booked in advance.
8. We had had that car for ten years before it broke down.
9. By the time Alex finished his studies, he had been in London for over eight years.
10. They felt bad about selling the house because they had owned it for more than forty years.