Antiguo or Casco Viejo is the name given to the site where he was moved and
reestablished in 1673 Panama City. This new city, laid out on a grid to the
four cardinal points, aided was characterized by its streets and shutters,
which led to his being considered a classic model indiana.1 city is located on
a small peninsula, surrounded by a mantle rocky reefs within the present
village of San Felipe. In 1997, the Old Town of Panama is included in the list
of World Heritage sites by UNESCO.
plundered by English pirates led by Henry Morgan in January 1671. Following
this incident, the city was almost entirely destroyed. The Spanish Crown then
approved the transfer of the city to a small peninsula, located approximately 8
km from the original settlement.